Thursday, December 19, 2013

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Took my son, Aidan, to see CATCHING FIRE last night, the sequel to last year's THE HUNGER GAMES.

We both liked it. I gave it 8 out of 10, while the boy gave it 7.5. Not a bad score. An A and a B+.

Compared to THE HUNGER GAMES I found CATCHING FIRE much more engaging. There was hardly a moment I wasn't glued to the screen eager to see what happened next. As with most good sequels everything was ramped up. The action, the suspense and the tension are all far greater here.

One of my favourite scenes comes during the games when Katniss Everdeen, the heroine, and her allies, are attacked by a bunch of fierce baboons. Scary stuff. Those things have teeth like the shark in Jaws!

Most of the acting is well done, especially Stanley Tucci. He is becoming one of my favourite actors. And I think Lenny Kravitz should definitely do some more acting. He has some great screen presence.

One actor that I have never seen before but who I thought did a good job was Patrick St. Esprit, who played Commander Thread. Brilliant, if short, work!

If you are looking to see a movie this holiday season, CATCHING FIRE won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment